Electrical and Renewable Utilities Insight from Altitude : 10 Industries in 10 Days – What You See, What We See!
Here’s the 3rd in our series of 10 industries in 10 days – we are busy providing an overview of the key benefits of a drone flyover in a variety of industries.
Today? The world of electrical utilities, including electricity generation and distribution, including renewables – solar and wind power.
The key benefit? One key word: new inspection opportunities!
Here’s our video clip to get you in the right frame of mind.
For a long time, it has been extremely difficult for electric utilities to examine and inspect the integrity of their infrastructure – whether it be electrical towers and poles, utility substations, or the increasing amount of sophisticated wind and solar infrastructure.
Yet the arrival of drone technology changes that – particularly with a low cost setup for a flight compared to the traditional alternative that has been used – helicopters! This means that this is one industry in which the alternative for a drone flyover is so compelling that you would be missing a massive opportunity if you fail to take advantage of it!
What You See
Not much! The key challenge with inspecting most utility infrastructure is the sheer size, scale, height and safety factor- it’s not easy to inspect massive, high complex systems!
Drones change that equation!
What We See!
- Tower and solar array inspections from beside and above, providing insight into potential damage, wear and maintenance issues
- Site inspection and planning including topographic maps for new installations and upgrades of existing sites
- Deconstruction progress including before/after photos
- Provision of line of sight analysis data for radio signal quality interpretation – critical for planning of new infrastruture
- Asset management and monitoring
- Ongoing maintenance monitoring with before & after, timeline photo & video
Interested in learning more? Visit out Utilities Project page and take a look at our post, Drones & Utilities: Inspections, Safety, Risk Assessment and More post.
Then contact us for more information to discuss your project requirements!
Comments are closed.